About the Home
The Brian Bisgrove Home of Courage is a retreat and respite home for families with children who have life threatening illnesses or severely debilitating medical conditions. Children from the Central New York area and their families are invited into the beautiful, handsomely-appointed log cabin for a three day stay of rest and repose, all free of charge.
The BBHC, as it is affectionately known, is not a revenue generating program; Champions for Life fully financially supports the program, along with donations from our community, small grants from benefactor organizations, and events like the Easter Spirit 5K.
The Brian Bisgrove Home of Courage maintains high standards and delivers exceptional quality to each family. Everything they need is provided, from linens to towels, meals to dishware, and many other amenities. We hope to offer a quiet refuge were the whole family can experience peace, tranquility, and hope.
- Families stay for up to three days
- When you arrive, you'll find a fully stocked refrigerator and pantry to prepare your family's favorite recipes
- Everest Park consists of 160 acres of woods, fields, and streams to explore, and includes many hiking trails, elevation changes, and stunning scenery
- Paddle boats (and life jackets!) are available for your use on our pond, or go fishing from the floating dock
- Each family has the opportunity to experience the beauty, history, and entertainment in and around Auburn, NY
- Enjoy quiet and relaxed family time