We’re in need of several volunteers. At the moment we have openings for the following volunteer positions:
- Grocery shoppers: all families are provided with a 3-day food supply, new families come in twice a week in prime season, usually on Mondays and Thursdays:
- Morning: The fridge and pantry needs to be checked between 10 and 11:30, and the grocery shopper has to be contacted with the adjusted list.
- Early afternoon: Grocery shopping, drop off groceries at the home and put groceries away, usually before 2 pm.
- Greeters/Family orientation: Families are met when they come in and given a short orientation, history of the home. (Monday morning, Thursday or Friday night).
- Yard work: in spring: clean up borders, mulch, weeding
- During summer, fall: weeding, pruning, spruce up the borders as needed
- We have several fundraising events that benefit the home for example the annual Mud-run in September. Need volunteers to set up, clean up and man the events.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Brian Bisgrove Home of Courage. Please fill out the form below and we will be in contact with you.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”
“Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless”